Under the general supervision of the Directory of Laboratory Services, medical technologists (MT) and medical laboratory technicians (MLT) perform testing on patient samples in each of the following laboratory sections: Blood Bank, Chemistry. Hematology/Coagulation/Urinalysis, Microbiology, Serology/Point-of-Care Testing. MT/MLTs maintain testing platforms and systems in the laboratory and perform record keeping to meet regulatory compliance for their assigned laboratory work areas. This includes but is not limited to quality control, preventative maintenance, proficiency testing, and quality improvement projects. MT/MLTs report errors, deficiencies, and technical concerns to laboratory administration. MT/MLTs participate in the training of new employees and students as assigned. They serve as a technical resource for the laboratory assistants.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Proof of highest level of education completed but not less than high school education or equivalent as recognized by an approved government accreditation association.
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or other related clinical science field or equivalent acceptable education as defined by CLIA.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician by a nationally recognized registry of medical laboratory technology required. The American Society of Clinical Pathologists, American Medical Technologist, National Certification Association and HEW are some examples of acceptable certification.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Must have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Required to have the mental and physical ability to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, & push 50 pounds.
- Language proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal fluency.
- An understanding of computer systems, process design and data management.
- Previous Meditech experience or other related electronic records systems.
- Basic knowledge of system application implementation, enhancement, development and support methods and practices.
Requisition Number: 4030
Christa Ruiz 1600 S 20th Ave. Safford, AZ 85546