Occupational Therapist-FT 4103
Under the general supervision of the Director of Therapy Services, assumes responsibility and accountability for occupational therapy services. Assumes supervision of Occupational Therapist Assistants and interns as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Proof of highest level of education completed but not less than high school; education or equivalent as recognized by an approved government accredited association.
- Must be a graduate of an Accredited Occupational Therapist Curriculum.
- Current Arizona state certification/licensure as a Registered Occupational Therapist.
- Must have 3 letters of professional reference in addition to completing online job application.
- Maintains current CPR/BLS Certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) or other approved educational programs.
- Will complete and maintain Arizona Early Intervention Programs (AZEIP) standard trainings and any other contractual requirements.
- Will complete Article 9 Training within one month of hire and renew this these trainings every three years thereafter.
- Current Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) Provider ID and National Provider Identifier (NPI) Numbers, (new hires must complete the application for this registration process before being released to their department).
- Current Arizona Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance card, (new hires must also complete the application process for this card before being released to their department).
- Current driver’s license and proof of vehicle liability insurance required.
- Reliable transportation during normal working hours to drive to home/community appointments.
- Ability to competently evaluate clients for providing appropriate Occupational Therapy Services.
- Ability to effectively treat patients and manage their plan of care.
- Ability to complete documentation of treatment efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to competently supervise Occupational Therapist Assistants and student interns as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- An understanding of computer systems/programs including basic Microsoft Word applications, the internet, and email
- Must have a well-groomed, professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must demonstrate appropriate interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills for the work setting.
- Must be willing to accept and implement feedback from supervisors and colleagues.
- Must have effective organizational, time/caseload management and scheduling skills.
- Must be comfortable working in home, community and clinic settings.
- Must demonstrate ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment (department serves both pediatric and geriatric populations and provides therapies to multiple service lines).
- Must have a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be willing to work some variable hours to accommodate patient needs.
- Must have the mental and physical ability to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push 40 pounds.
- National Occupational Therapist certification.
- Two years experience in outpatient, inpatient, and/or rehabilitation setting.
- Previous Meditech or WebPT experience or with other related electronic records systems.
Requisition Number: 4103
Christa Ruiz 1600 S 20th Ave. Safford, AZ 85546