Under the general supervision of the medical director of emergency services and chief executive officer, provides and manages direct health care for the emergency department patient population.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Proof of highest level of education completed but not less than high school education or equivalent as recognized by an approved government accreditation association.
- Current certification or active participation in the examination process leading to certification in emergency medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine; OR Successful completion of at least two (2) years of training in an ACGME/AOA accredited post-graduate training program in one of the following, family practice, internal medicine, general surgery, emergency medicine or equivalent OR Six years of active ED experience in an ED with 8,000 patient visits annually and documentation of training and experience.
- Maintains current ATLS certification required.
- Maintains current CPR, ACLS, & PALS Certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) required or other approved educational programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Must have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, reach, kneel and stretch using good body mechanics for sustained periods of time.
- Must have the mental and physical ability to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- An understanding of computer systems, process design and data management.
- Previous Meditech experience or other related electronic records systems.
- Basic knowledge of system application implementation, enhancement, development and support methods and practices.
- Language proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal fluency.
Requisition Number: 3813
Christa Ruiz 1600 S 20th Ave. Safford, AZ 85546